Obesity is a world wide problem! It is in fact a global epidemic!
On WHO (World Health Organisation) website you can read more about the facts around obesity!
- Obesity is classified as a preventable disease;
- Global obesity has doubled in the last 40 years;
- More people die from obesity than from hunger and starvation;
- Over 1.5 billion adults (above the age of 20) are overweight/obese;
- Over 45 million children under the age of five are overweight;
- Between 7% and 41% of cancers are attributed to being overweight;
- There are more overweight children in developing countries than in developed countries;
- Obesity and under-nutrition tend to co-exist;
- America spends over 10 million an hour on obesity related healthcare!;
Very scary statistics! And this is not due to the recent increase of butter consumption in Sweden the past few years!
So what do you think is the problem?
I reckon, I am totally convinced actually, that it is the sugar, starches, diet and light products and fast (bad) foods that is the problem!